I’m so excited to introduce the Choice Hacking YouTube channel, dedicated to exploring the ways the world’s biggest brands apply behavioral science and psychology to their customer experiences. In this video, we'll examine five ways Trader Joe's used psychology in its experience to create a cult-like following.
If you enjoy the video, please consider liking and subscribing so more people can find our content, and you get notified whenever a new video is released.
Click here for a direct link to the video or watch it below.
- Choice Hacking: How Trader Joes Used Psychology to Perfect Its Experience (paywall)
- Freaknomic's Radio: Should America be run by Trader Joe's?
- Choice Overload: A Conceptual Review and Meta-Analysis
- Maximizing Versus Satisficing: Happiness is a Matter of Choice
- Episerver research on choice
- The famous "jam study" on choice
- The Five Lessons From Trader Joe’s Unbeatable Customer Experience
- What Brands Are Actually Behind Trader Joe’s Snacks?
- The Paradox of Choice by Barry Schwartz
- Proctor and Gamble's results when reducing choice